Sunday 10 April 2011

Had a lovely day yesterday!

We went to Skipton in the afternoon. Last time we went it didn't stop raining the whole time we were there, yesterday however was gorgeous! Our first stop was "The Stamp Man" shop. This was my first visit and I must say its totally amazing! There are two rooms - the main shop and another room full of all the sale items and where they hold classes. There was a class on yesterday ... it looked very interesting. I think they were doing something with alcohol inks ... I managed to not go totally mad and was very restrained, purchasing a few of their own brand "Aspects of Design" stamps, a Tim Holtz mask (flourish and crown), some embellishments and an Ancient Page daisy wheel type ink pad thingy full of earthy colours all for a very reasonable less than £20! I can't take a photo yet as I have to find a camera that works... The owners were at the shop and were really lovely to talk to and I can't wait to go back again! We then went around Skipton itself - its really lovely and full of old yards, independant shops and charity shops as well as the usual (Boots, Next, WHSmith, etc etc). I love it - just wish it was all a little nearer...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment - I really appreciate any feedback! xx