Tuesday 31 May 2011

Stamp Man Closing Down Sale ...

I suppose all good things must come to an end at some point ... I just didn't expect my favourite shop to close so soon after I first found it! At least they will still be trading online ...

Again, as soon as I entered the shop the owner was so welcoming, offering coffee and a chat. Where else could you sup coffee as you browsed! The sale room was full to bursting with stamps, paper, magazines, peel-offs, etc... where to start!? My aim was to buy a few stamps for myself, a few for my not-so-little girl, and a few for the children I mind (I won't let them use "my" stuff lol!) I succeeded on all counts and bought lots of extras too ... how did that happen!! Well, most of the stamps were only 50p or £1, chalks were reduced to £3, ink pads from 50p ... the photo shows a very small selection of the stamps purchased! Not shown are the stamps/pens/etc my daughter had, and the four childrens stamp sets (all came with stamps, ink pads, two sets came with pencils too!). I've kept three of the stamp sets to put in the present cupboard to use as gifts, and one set to use with the minded children, along with a small selection of dye inks. I find dye inks are better to use with some of the children as they dry quickly and therefore have less chance of smudging ...

Anyway, I recommend going to The Stamp Man in Skipton soon as they won't be open for long ... This was probably my last visit as its a bit of a distance .... ah well!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment - I really appreciate any feedback! xx